We are currently working on getting through a large backlog of submissions. If you have not heard from us, please feel free to inquire about the status of your submissions. We appreciate your patience. (Last updated March 16, 2012)
Adoro Music Publishing welcomes submissions of works for consideration for publication. We focus exclusively on sacred music with a focus on music for worship. Our catalog leans more toward the traditional end of the spectrum, but we do not adhere to any rigid styles. Please take a look at our catalog to become more familiar with our focus.
At this time, we are especially interested in receiving submissions of the following types of music:
- Choral music: especially two-part mixed, SSA, and SAB (other voicings, such as standard SATB, are also welcome)
- Organ music
- Piano music
- Organ & piano duets
- All rights must be held by the submitter(s). The copyrights of all submissions must be held in entirety by the submitter. In the case of joint works, all authors will have to agree to the terms of publication. In addition, submissions must not be under consideration by other publishers.
- All sources must be identified. If any submissions are based on pre-existing works (for instance, a work that is an arrangement of a hymn tune, or has a non-original text), all original authors must be identified. This is a requirement for all sources, even if they are believed to be in the public domain. If the source is not known, “unknown” or “anonymous” is acceptable. Please also include the date or time period the original work was created, if known (“16th century,” “1935,” etc.).
- Submissions must be complete. All music submitted must be ready for publication with little editing required. We produce new engravings of all pieces we publish, so the engraving quality of submissions is not important. Hand-written scores are acceptable (as long as they are clear).
- Submissions must be full written scores. We do not accept music that is not fully notated – lead sheets are not sufficient. We will not assist you in transcribing your music from audio to print.
Our standard royalty rate is 25% of sales and 50% of revenue from further licensing.
We accept submissions via email (preferred) and postal mail. Recordings (live performances only - not computer-sequenced playback from Finale or Sibelius) are appreciated but are not required.
Please limit the quantity of submissions to no more than five pieces at a time.
Email: Email your submissions as PDF files (no Finale/Sibelius/etc. files, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your postal address and phone number in your email.
Postal mail: Please do not send original manuscripts – submissions will not be returned to you. Include a note with your postal address, phone number, and email address. Our mailing address is:
Adoro Music Publishing
PO Box 7525
Grand Rapids, MI 49510-7525
Response time frame
We acknowledge receipt of all submissions via email. If you do not provide an email address, you will not receive a confirmation that your submission has been received (you will still receive notification of our final decision). We strive to have a quick turn-around time on submissions, but the high volume we receive at times makes prompt responses difficult. If you have not heard from us in a few months, feel free to inquire on the status of your submissions.
Thank you for your interest. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.